THE LIPSTICK QUEEN COLLECTION


Featuring photos of tropical prints, granny knits, and my new Quavo-esque glasses.




I picked up my very first Lipstick Queen (shade 'Aloha') in the summer of 2014 while in London—I was hanging out with Jaye that day and evidently going br0Ke, which, as you do when hanging out with other bloggers πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ. Lipstick Queen was a novelty for me since it was unavailable in Canada at the time, and obviously I lost my shiznits when I first saw my first LQ counter.

Here's what I've accrued over the years:

HELLO SAILOR   |   "SHEER BLACKBERRY"
MEDIEVAL   |   "SHEER FLATTERING RED"
STOKED   |   "SHEER BRIGHT CORAL"
ALOHA   |   "SHEER FIRE RED"
JUNGLE QUEEN   |   "POP-PAPAYA CORAL"



LQ's formulas vary by line (some are sheer and glossy, while some are surprisingly quite pigmented), and while I really do love the shades and textures of these lipsticks, I can't help but wonder, "HOLD MY WALLET, I PAID HOW MUCH FOR THESE?" (~$25-$30CDN), especially for the sheer ones that can almost be passed off as glorified boujee tinted lip balms. However, 'Medieval', 'Aloha', and 'Stoked' are some of my favourites as I tend to hoard sheer and glossy lipsticks that are comfortable and slightly moisturizing. 'Medieval' is one of my favourites as it makes me look fresh/healthy/rosy, and 'Aloha' and 'Stoked' are gorgeous sheer washes of coral for the summer. 'Jungle Queen' is probably one of the most vivid lipstick shades I own (it's SURPRISINGLY HELLA PIGMENTED), and I have to reluctantly admit that seeing this orange-red on me is quite refreshing. 'Hello Sailor' is a bit of an unusual shade—it's somewhere between "suffering-from-hypothermia" and a plummy/berry shade, but I think the shade is lovely nonetheless.

Though I enjoy the LQs I have, I wouldn't necessarily rave over their formula and specifically recommend it to anyone else unless they wanted to try the matte and opaque shades. While I probably won't be buying anymore Lipstick Queens in the future (#br0KE), I might make an exception for 'Entourage' from the Velvet Rope line someday because damn, that packaging and you know I love me them deep wine shades 😍.

Have you tried anything from Lipstick Queen?

No comments